By Andy Gaskell
The talk is about DevOps for Joomla, from a practical perspective. It is based on a talk given at J & Beyond 2017, but adapted to contain more balanced and slightly less technical content. It is intended to cover the whole area, with specific details pulled out and drilled into.
Aspects covered in the talk include
- The convergence of development and operations to form DevOps
- An introduction to continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Deployment automation
- Using Joomla docker containers
- Automated deployment with Akeeba UNiTE
- Scripting options and choosing between node.js, shell and php
- Headless browser options like Casper, PhantomJS and Zombie.js
- CI platform options, like GitLab, Bamboo, Travis, Jenkins and GoCD
- Simple monitoring solutions
- Diagnostic tools
Although I've set the format to be a session, it would also work well as a workshop.